Patty Melt Sliders
October’s chilly nights call for satisfying dinners straight from the oven. Whether you’re hosting a Halloween bash or you just need a great weeknight meal for the season, these hearty, hand-held sandwiches will surprise and delight you.
16 slices swiss cheese
12 slider buns (or any small roll), sliced in half
1 large yellow onion, sliced
4 Tablespoons butter, divided
1 pound ground beef
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons dried mustard
2 Tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9X13 inch pan with parchment paper and place the bottom halves of the buns on it. Place 8 slices of cheese on top of the bottom buns. Place in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Set aside.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon of the butter in a skillet. Add onions and sauté until golden. Remove onions & set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown the ground beef, drain. Stir in the Worcestershire, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon beef mixture onto the bottom buns. Top with the onions and the remaining cheese. Place the top buns onto the sandwiches.
- Melt the remaining 3 Tbs butter in the microwave. Stir mustard and honey into the melted butter. Brush butter mixture onto the top buns. Sprinkle with the poppy seeds and dried onions.
- Bake the sliders for 15 minutes, then serve hot. If you’re taking them to a party, wait to bake them as soon as you arrive.